Tuesday, September 8, 2009

5 1/2 months! (22 weeks)

Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

How far along? 22 Weeks
Total Weight Gain? 7 pounds
Baby's Heartbeat: 142 bpm (at 20 weeks)
Maternity clothes? Maternity pants are nice!!!
Movement: YES! The newest trick is trampolining on my bladder!
Food cravings: I have 4 different kinds of ice cream in the freezer ....
Gender: It's a 50/50 shot ... good thing there are only 2 choices and not like 10!
Labor Signs: Negative
Belly Button in or out? It's just getting a little wider.
What I miss: Still miss the same things as every week, but ya know ... I just love being pregnant! So I am good with all the things I miss.
What I am looking forward to: Watching Matthew hold our new little baby boy or girl.
Weekly Wisdom: Still way too soon to watch birthing videos ... I am not sure if there will be a good time.
Milestones: Not only can we feel baby kick ... we can see it too!
Daddy to-be thoughts/comments: I think we are both still in disbelief. We just lay in bed smiling and thinking about having a little one in our lives. Very surreal!

Now for some pictures!!!!

Matthew is practicing with our niece - Maria! (Austin Weekend)
And when it comes to the diaper changing part... he is done practicing!
Surprise Birthday Party for ME!
And Mikey brought me flowers!!!! (the first time he has ever bought flowers ... for anyone)
And they opened! (he was worried about that)
And my amazing husband surprised me with flowers toooo! Beautiful!

More party pictures! The new moms and dads to be!
And finally ... the ohhhh so requested belly picture. Baby is growing at 22 weeks!!!
1 whole pound today!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome about the ice cream! There was a time during my pregnancy that I had that type of selection in my freezer too. Your baby bump is too cute. I'm so glad you are enjoying pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete