Tuesday, September 1, 2009

21 Weeks (5 months and 1 week)

Baby's now the size of a banana!


Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, if baby is a girl, her womb is now stocked up with her lifetime supply of six million eggs (the number will drop to around one million by birth).

I don't like bananas, but I sure love this little banana baby growing inside of me!

How far along? 21 Weeks

Total Weight Gain? 6 pounds
Baby's Heartbeat: 142 bpm (at 20 weeks) and then they took it again and it was between 144-146.
Maternity clothes? Just retired 2 more pants. Shopping this weekend ... again.
Movement: YES! Lots of kicking and flipping and running in there. I am thinking we have an athlete on the way!
Food cravings: Just still love ice cream, but I always have ... so not sure if that counts as a craving. Hmmm.
Gender: Lots of guesses ... half think boy, the other think girl. I still don't know.
Labor Signs: Negative
Belly Button in or out? It's just getting a little wider.
What I miss: Still miss a glass of red wine with dinner ... or before dinner, or whenever. (Mom, it is not getting easier)
What I am looking forward to: Being a mommy and Matthew being a daddy!
Weekly Wisdom: Still way too soon to watch birthing videos
Milestones: Over half way there! And tomorrow mommy will be 29! Wowzers! By this age I think my grandmother had all of her 4 kids. She thinks I am SO old.
Daddy to-be thoughts/comments: Matthew is still nesting ... just wish maybe he wanted to "nest" in his office or ... maybe flooring our attic, or cleaning something. :) He is still working on the crabgrass and doing a great job at it.

Last Friday we had our 20 week Ultrasound and appt. In the waiting room our friends Chris and Mareya came in and they were in LABOR! She was due the next day, but starting having contractions early early that morning. They planned on skipping their already scheduled appointment, but the office called them and said come in. So, we sat in the waiting room with them and had to be silent every 5 minutes or so during a contraction. I was trying to breathe for her ... and getting light headed. BAAAAA! Getting nervous about what's to come in 19 weeks.

Baby H looks great! They said everything was perfect, all the measurements and heartbeat and movement. She measured my uterus and it's 20 cm. She said it should grow about a cm a week!!! So, I think the growth part starts about now. I do feel sore in my tummy ... so I think it's expanding. I watch my neighbor who is almost 4 weeks ahead of me and she made a big jump around this time as far as growth. So get ready for some new pictures.

I was just thinking, right now Therese, Amber and myself are pregnant and our birthdays are all within 1-2 days of each other. Hmmm ... maybe it's a Virgo thing? We will have to get a group tummy picture soon. So fun!

More updates and pictures to come.
Happy Birthday Amber! Happy Birthday Therese (today) and Happy Birthday to me (tomorrow)!

No comments:

Post a Comment