Tuesday, September 15, 2009

23 Weeks! (almost 6 months)

Baby's still the size of a papaya! (just a little fatter)
Baby's little face is fully formed...minus the baby fat, of course. The next task at hand for baby: sprouting two teeny-tiny nipples! You're now in your sixth month and your baby is about to chub up a bit. His saggy skin will start to fit his frame as fat deposits fill things out. Beginning this week, he'll start to pack on the pounds (which means you will, too!) and by month's end he'll be double the weight he is now (though you won't be — whew!). Right now, your baby's organs and bones are visible through his skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, he'll become less transparent, too.

How far along? 23 Weeks
Total Weight Gain? 7 pounds
Baby's Heartbeat: 142 bpm (at 20 weeks)
Maternity clothes? Maternity pants are nice!!!
Movement? YES! Bouncy bouncy ....
Food cravings: I have 4 different kinds of ice cream in the freezer .... and would love to get more if they would fit!
Gender: I just know that something is in there ...
Labor Signs: What's that? :)
Belly Button in or out? It's just getting a little wider.
What I miss: At this point, especially today ... I just miss sleep. Good ol fashioned sleep! Like for more than one hour at a time.
What I am looking forward to: Watching Matthew hold our new little baby boy or girl.
Weekly Wisdom: Apparently sleeping our your back with a papaya on your tummy causes snoring. Sorry babe. It's hard not to sleep on your back ... or stomach. I have to sandwich myself between 2 body pillows so I won't roll over. Lastnight I let M borrow my other pillow ... and he ended up with a snoring wife. Milestones: Not only can we feel baby kick ... we can see it too!
Daddy to-be thoughts/comments: He can't believe we are almost in our 3rd trimester ... but the face he made when I told him that couldn't compare to the face he had when I told him there were only 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment