Monday, December 14, 2009

36 Weeks ... Baby is almost ready!

Baby's skin is getting smooth and soft, her gums are rigid, her liver and kidneys are in working order, and her circulation and immune system are basically good to go. Her lungs are the only organs that still need to fully mature, but every day she gets a little closer to breathing on her own.

How far along? 36 Weeks
Total Weight Gain? 23 pounds
Baby's Heartbeat: 152 bpm (36 weeks)
Maternity clothes?
Movement? YES! All day ... all night. They say you will notice sleep and awake patterns ... hmmmm. Not sure much - mostly awake patterns.
Food cravings: Not really. Waiting for those to kick in. Come on!!!
Gender: Still don't know. No dreams ... nothing! People are really getting into guessing though. Fun!
Labor Signs: The doc said I was 1cm at my appt last Friday and baby is in position. It still may be a while though.
Belly Button in or out? Still in there ...
What I miss: Anything that I once missed will be back soon enough.
What I am looking forward to: My last week of work ... this week! And starting my new job as a mommy!
Weekly Wisdom: Continue to trust in God that everything will work out just perfectly according to His will. Excited to see what He has in store for us in the coming weeks!
Milestones: We have completed our Childbirthing class and it was awesome! A little long for one day, but great info and our instructor was hilarious! Very cool class and we feel very prepared now. Ready to have this little baby!!!!
Daddy-to-be thoughts/Comments: There was just one part of the class where he had to look away when we were watching a video ... but, so did I! I have an idea of what goes on down their when giving birth ... and that's about all I need ... an "idea." Yikes!
 
Baby's first SNOW DAY!
 


The neighbor kid worked really hard on this little guy:



And the mommies to be - 30 weeks and 36 weeks!


 
And the soon to be parents!!!
 

 
And .... not sure what to say here ...
 


2 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for that picture!!! So funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Stephanie! I was so excited to come across your blog and to find out you were expecting! Children are an amazing blessing!

    ReplyDelete