Monday, November 30, 2009

34 Weeks ....


Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. Baby can recognize and react to simple songs...time to start practicing your lullabies! In fact, baby will recognize frequently sung tunes after birth and probably find them soothing. Less cute news: She now urinates about one pint per day. Get the diapers ready!

How far along? 34 Weeks
Total Weight Gain? 21 pounds
Baby's Heartbeat: 140-150 bpm (33 weeks)
Maternity clothes? Still only have one maternity shirt that I haven't worn. The others are normal shirts, they just have a lot of material in the waist ... or they stretch real nice!
Movement? YES! Everyone can see and feel the movement now. And then they look at me with these big eyes ... like wow! And I say ... I know! It's crazy!!!
Food cravings: Nope. Just like ice cream!
Gender: It's getting closer ... 6 more weeks and then we will know. I still have no clue. Lots of guesses from everyone though. That's fun!
Labor Signs: Nope!
Belly Button in or out? Still in there ...
What I miss: Sleeping on my back or stomach. Now I can't do either for sure ... if I am on my back - legs go numb and back hurts. And haven't slept on my stomach since week 12!
What I am looking forward to: My last day of work ... in 12 days!
Weekly Wisdom: Everyone tells you to walk ... walk walk walk. Well, it just gets a weeee bit harder to walk when belly is big, back hurts, and baby is kicking and jabbing you while you are trying to walk - the kicks that make you stop, bend over, and re-adjust baby so you can continue. So, I am trying to WALK!
Milestones: We have the nursery done, except for a few things we have to buy. And the changing table and bassinet are in our room ready to go! Looking forward to our Childbirthing Class this weekend. I am sure I will have stories after this one. I have heard a bit about the videos we watch ... Mattie may have a hard time with that. HA!
Daddy to-be thoughts/comments: "What is that baby doing in there???" Exactly. I have no idea. My belly just bounces and jumps all around like something is trying to get out.

Thanksgiving Weekend:
 
At Karen and Jim's ... all of their pets behind us!


And baby bump at 34 weeks:


1 comment: