Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy 40 weeks TODAY!

Well, we started the day at 10am with a Dr's appt .... and ended up at the hospital! When I went to the Dr. for my routine weekly check up she said my bp was elevated and there was protein in my urine and I am dilated to 3cm. So, we did an ultrasound to make sure the fluid and everything was good with the baby - and it was. Fun to see baby again, and again the tech mentioned the full head of hair! So funny.

My Dr decided to send me over the hospital just to double/triple check everything ... which is fine by me. She wanted them to monitor baby and me and do blood work. So, we headed the hospital and they hooked me up to see the baby's heartbeat, my contractions and bp. That was cool. Apparently I am having contractions but I don't feel them yet. Too bad it won't stay like that. We got to listen to the baby for a long time! Just kicking and moving all over the place. My bp averaged normal and the blood work came back good too. They said if something was off they would have induced today.

All I could think was - I need food ... #1 and - I have lots of stuff on my list to do today. All Matthew could think was - YEAH ... we are about to have a baby! :) He was super excited and I was super nervous. He was amazing though all day just keeping me calm. He spread the word asking for prayers and his mom and dad ended up at the hospital to wait with us for the results. So great to know that family and friends were praying for us. Such a peaceful and calming feeling.

The baby will come anytime now. We have a scheduled induction on Thur morning ... early if the baby decides not to come. I am not going to try and predict anything anymore ... I seem to always be wrong. God has a little plan - we are just going to wait to see what it is. That's the update. Long day - now we are ready for bed!

The next update will probably be - BABY! Ya hooooo!

1 comment: