Monday, August 3, 2009

17 weeks ...

Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

How far along? 17 weeks
Weight Gain? 3 pounds (not this week, but total) :)
Baby's Heartbeat: 140 bpm (at 16 1/2 weeks)
Maternity clothes?
Movement: I think so ... maybe. If it is, it's really cool!
Food cravings: Still making them up.
Gender: Not sure ...
Labor Signs: Heck no.
Belly Button in or out? Stay IN!
What I miss: An ice cold beer by the pool on a hot summer day. Hmmmm.....
What I am looking forward to: Everything!
Weekly Wisdom: Didn't feel so wise this week.
Milestones: Our neighbors bought Peanut his/her first golf club set. It is SUPER cute and it says "Peanut" on it!
Daddy to-be thoughts/comments: I think he is already nesting ... kind of. He has really embraced yard work - maybe he wants the grass to be perfect for baby to run around.

This is actually week 16 picture. My waist has currently expanded 4 inches!!! That is why my pants don't fit and have to be unbuttoned. Thank you Jill for the headband! I love it!!!!

1 comment: